WILDFIRE AWARENESS MONTH
May is Wildfire Awareness Month!
May 5 is Wildfire Community Preparedness Day
Our goal: Homeowners become better prepared for future wildfires by performing their high priority mitigation measures during the month of May.
Photo Contest: To help document all the mitigation work being performed in May, we are holding a photo contest. Our goal is for over 1,000 residents to reduce their wildfire risk, share photos of their efforts, and encourage friends and neighbors to prepare too!
Three homeowners have a chance to win $1000!
Mitigation Challenge: To encourage more homeowners to become Wildfire Partners, we will award $2,000 to an individual or organization that encourages their friends, neighbors and members to join the program.
Prizes: Four separate, cash prizes totaling $5,000 will be awarded to qualified individuals or groups. A random drawing of qualified submissions will determine the prize winners. An individual may enter all four contest categories, but no individual may win more than one prize.
In May: Wildfire Partners strongly advises its more than 1,500 participants to continue to perform and maintain the mitigation measures identified in their customized mitigation reports.
Wildfire Partners Photo Contest
- Photos must be of individuals or groups performing wildfire mitigation or preparing for wildfire.
- Only one entry per person is allowed. Multiple entries per household are permitted.
- Entrants must reside in Wildfire Management Zone 1 in unincorporated Boulder County, or the towns of Jamestown, Lyons, Nederland or Ward, to be eligible for a prize
- Photos should be posted on the Wildfire Partners Facebook page. Photos can also be submitted via Twitter, or Instagram, and must include the hashtag #WildfirePartners
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
- A photo must be posted as public. If it is not public, we will not be able to see it.
- The contest starts on May 1 and ends on May 31, 2018. Photos posted before or after the contest dates will not be eligible.
- A person may only win one prize.
- Must be 18 years or older to win a prize.
*Individuals building a new home who are applying for a building permit from the Boulder County Land Use Department are not eligible for a free assessment.
**Individuals who are building a new home are not eligible.
Photo Contest Categories
$1,000 Cash Prize for Each Category
#1: Action Photos: All photos that meet all contest rules will be entered into a drawing for this prize. You can submit photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
#2: Action Photos of Certified Wildfire Partners: Photos that meet all contest rules and are submitted by homeowners who have earned their Wildfire Partners Certificate by May 31, 2018 will be entered into a drawing for this prize. You can submit photos to email@example.com
#3: Action Photos on Social Media: Individuals who encourage friends and neighbors to prepare for wildfires throughout the month of May by 1) tagging them and sharing your photo with them from the Wildfire Partners Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/wildfirepartners/ or on Instagram, or Twitter using the hashtag #WildfirePartners will be entered into a drawing for this prize.
Wildfire Partners Recruitment Challenge
Prize: $2,000 Cash
Any organization or individual who recruits a new Wildfire Partner will qualify as a Wildfire Partners ambassador and will be entered into a random drawing for the $2,000 recruitment challenge prize. Each ambassador will receive one entry into the drawing for every homeowner s/he recruits. For example, if you or your organization recruits five new partners, you will have five chances to win the $2,000 prize. The more recruitment success you have—the greater your chances to win!
Organizations may include Firewise Communities, Fire Districts, HOAs, non-profits, community groups, or private businesses. Individuals include anyone over the age of 18. To be counted as a new Wildfire Partner and be eligible for this drawing and prize, the application must:
- Be submitted by a household that has not already been accepted into the program.
- Be submitted online at www.WildfirePartners.org from May 1 to May 31, 2018. Applications with an earlier or later date stamp will not be counted.
- Be accepted into the program. Note: We will apply the same evaluation criteria to all applications. We will evaluate applications in May the same way we evaluate all Wildfire Partners applications.
- Include the individual or community organization’s name who recruited the homeowner, (the “ambassador”), on his/her online application at www.WildfirePartners.org. This name shall be typed in the box asking for the coupon number on page 2 of the application (question 5—under the answer: “Yes – I agree to participate; however, I have a coupon.”). Note: Each application may only include the name of one ambassador (organization or individual) in this box. If this box is left blank on the application, no one will receive “credit” for recruiting this homeowner even if there was an ambassador who performed the outreach. Homeowners will not be allowed to re-submit a “new” or “revised” application to add the name of an individual or group to the coupon box after they have submitted a complete application so it is the responsibility of the ambassadors to make sure their recruits fill out this box properly.
- One homeowner will be randomly selected from all the homeowners who applied (between May 1-May 31, 2018), with a named ambassador. The ambassador (individual or organization), named on that application, will win the $2000 prize. The applicant selected, must have their Initial Wildfire Partners Assessment on or before June 30, 2018 for the ambassador to collect the prize.