Apply Now


This application is for residents of West Boulder County only.
Outreach and Education, Community Mitigation and Chipping are available to residents of East Boulder County.

Applications are reviewed regularly.  Upon approval of your application, you will receive an email with a link to submit a waiver. Assessments will not be scheduled until the waiver has been received.

Building Permits:

Homeowners in the wildfire zone who are applying for a building permit with Boulder County Community Planning and Permitting are subject to wildfire mitigation requirements.  Those who choose the Wildfire Partners path for their project must submit an online application to the program.  Contractors cannot apply on behalf of homeowners. All building permit fees will be applied and paid through the Boulder County Community Planning and Permitting department. These fees cannot be waived by Wildfire Partners.

Short Term Rentals:

Participation in Wildfire Partners is required for Short-Term Rentals and Vacation Rentals that are located in Wildfire Zone 1 (West Boulder County).

  • A Wildfire Partners assessment within five (5) years is required before the initial license will be issued.
  • Wildfire Partners certification is required at the first license renewal, after the first two years of operation.
  • A Wildfire Partners re-assessment and re-certification is required every six (6) years.
  • For more information: Boulder County code requirements

Financial Awards:

Program participants may be eligible for financial assistance if they meet program requirements and grant funding is available.  New homes built as part of a building permit are not eligible. If you are accepted into the program, you will receive details on your eligibility for a financial award with your assessment report.  All financial awards are limited to forestry work performed by Wildfire Partners forestry contractors.

The standard award is 50% of the contractor’s cost. The maximum award Wildfire Partners will pay is  $2,000. Participants with limited incomes can apply for a need-based award that covers additional costs. For more information, please click here.

Application Form

Click the image below to get started.