In order to apply to Wildfire Partners, your home must meet all of the following criteria:
- Your home is located in unincorporated Boulder County including the towns of Jamestown, Lyons, Nederland, and Ward. Homes located in the City of Boulder are not eligible to participate in Wildfire Partners.
- Your home is located in western Boulder County. The program boundary is Fire Management Zone 1 (west of Highways 36 and 93. If your home is located in the Fire Management Zone 2, it is not eligible).
- You own the residence listed on your application. Renters are not eligible to apply. If you are a renter in the program area and are interested in wildfire mitigation, encourage the owner of your residence to apply.
- You agree to participate in an individual, 2-3 hour home assessment. A homeowner must be present and take part in the assessment. Assessments can be scheduled Monday through Saturday, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Homeowners who were previously accepted into Wildfire Partners are not eligible to apply again for the same home. However, you can request a re-certification assessment of your home for a $100 fee.
Wildfire Partners Homeowner
"We think this was an excellent program and we will continue to work on mitigation on our property. The education was superior."