In order to apply to Wildfire Partners, your home must meet all of the following criteria:
- Your home is located in unincorporated Boulder County, Jamestown, Lyons, Nederland, or Ward. Homes located in the City of Boulder are not eligible to participate in Wildfire Partners.
- Your home is located in western Boulder County. The program boundary is Fire Management Zone 1 (west of Highways 36 and 93. View map.) If the home is located in the Fire Management Zone 2, it is ineligible.
- You own the residence listed on your application. Renters are not eligible to apply. If you are a renter in the program area and are interested in wildfire mitigation, encourage the owner of your residence to apply.
- You agree to participate in an individual home assessment. The assessment, valued at $250, will be provided at a reduced fee and is estimated to take 2-4 hours to complete. A homeowner must be present and take part in the assessment. Assessments maybe scheduled for the morning or afternoon Monday to Saturday. In the summer, when there is sufficient daylight to complete the site visit, assessments may also be scheduled for the early evening.
- Homeowners who were previously accepted into Wildfire Partners and received an assessment in 2014, 2015 or 2016 are not eligible to apply again for the same home.